Monday, July 2, 2012

So Hard!

Have I ever said how hard it was to count calories?? Oh my gosh, it's freakin hard! I want food!! I don't mind the exercising as much as I do watching what I eat. Most of my favorite meals are like my whole day worth of calories. In my ideal world the stuff that tastes good like hot wings and ice cream would be healthy, but alas, no such luck.

I have discovered that I can actually tolerate some food that, in the past, I have turned my nose up at. For instance, brussel sprouts, I used to refuse to touch them. They smelled like farts and I wasn't into eating farts. My friend made them for dinner the other night and I decided to grow a pair and try them. To my surprise they weren't bad! I had to douse them in salt and pepper, but they were kinds reminiscent  of brocolli (which I like). I guess on my next venture to the grocery store I will buy some.

Another hard thing: cooking for one... I have a ton of healthy recipes from the Cooking Light website that I would love to try, but I don't try them often for the pure fact that I don't want to eat the same thing for like 5 days straight. So looks like a Smart Ones most of the time for me.... and LOTS of fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment